Practice Area Overview
Experienced Raleigh NC Lawyers
Our clients expect and deserve high-quality legal counsel. The Raleigh Law Firm of Herring Mills & Kratt, PLLC represents clients in a full range of legal areas. Each attorney integrates the specific practice area to ensure that clients receive exceptional service in all of their legal concerns. We offer services to meet your personal and family needs as your life changes, including adoption, surrogacy, nuptial agreements, divorce and family law, estate planning, estate administration, guardianship and elder law. We also offer owners of small- and medium-sized businesses representation in commercial transaction, civil litigation, and contract services. Contact our offices in Raleigh, North Carolina, to schedule a consultation with experienced attorneys about your specific legal needs. Let us show you how we can be the law firm for the changing needs of your life.
Our attorneys offer a full range of divorce and family law services in North Carolina, including the special needs of business owners and holders of complex estates that can complicate divorce proceedings. We place a special concentration in the area of surrogacy and adoption issues and two of our partners operate a domestic adoption agency, A Child’s Hope.
- Premarital agreements (pre-nup)
- Divorce, complex or uncontested
- Child custody and child support issues
- Complex marital property valuation and division
- Separation and property settlement agreements
- Alimony and spousal support
We are strong advocates of the use of alternative dispute resolution and mediation in divorce settlements. Our family law attorneys include North Carolina Certified mediators who can help resolve your most significant divorce issues efficiently and cost-effectively.
Designed to meet the needs of owners of family businesses and holders of high-value estates as well as individuals and families in need of cost-effective planning, we can help you protect and direct your family assets with a variety of legal instruments and probate services such as:
- Wills and testamentary trusts
- Healthcare financial planning
- Living trusts, trust administration
- Advance directives to physicians and family
- Financial powers of attorney
- Estate tax planning
- Gift tax planning
- Administration of decedent’s and guardianship estates
- Probate court representation
- Will contests
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) including mediation
We offer legal counsel and individualized services to families that want guidance on eligibility for Medicaid and other government benefit programs. We assist clients to obtain guardianship over their incapacitated family members.
We offer legal counsel and individualized transactional and law services to help your business succeed. We are also experienced civil litigators with extensive experience in breach of contract trials and other business and personal litigation issues.
- Business start-ups and dissolutions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Breach of contract disputes
- Alternative dispute resolution, mediation
- Employment disputes with employees
We invite you to visit these information pages to learn more:
Contact our offices in Raleigh, North Carolina, to schedule a consultation about your legal needs. We are the law firm for your life.